Ashwagandha Tablets 1000mg
- Free UK Delivery - We also ship to Europe and International.
- Same day dispatch Monday to Friday up to 3.30pm - Delivery is normally next day but can take 1-3 days
- Shipped in Branded Food Certified Resealable Foil Bag
- Buy Direct from UK Wholesale Supplier - Lowest Price In UK
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
is an adaptogenic herb that has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. It is known for its potential to provide various health benefits. However, it's important to note that while many studies suggest potential benefits, more research is needed to fully understand its effects.
The Health claims below may not be scientifically proven as yet, as they may not have been updated on the "Health Claims Register".
Although they have been shown in latest study research to "May Help” the following -
Here are 14 potential health benefits of Ashwagandha:
- Stress and Anxiety Reduction: Ashwagandha is often used as an adaptogen, which may help the body manage stress by regulating the production of stress hormones like cortisol.
- Cognitive Function: Some studies suggest that ashwagandha may have a positive impact on cognitive function, memory, and concentration.
- Depression Relief: Ashwagandha's adaptogenic properties may help alleviate symptoms of depression by regulating mood-related neurotransmitters.
- Immune System Support: Ashwagandha has shown potential in boosting immune system function, possibly by enhancing the activity of immune cells.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: The herb contains compounds with anti-inflammatory properties that might help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Antioxidant Protection: Ashwagandha contains antioxidants that can help protect cells from oxidative stress and damage caused by free radicals.
- Heart Health: Some research suggests that ashwagandha may support heart health by improving lipid profiles, reducing blood pressure, and enhancing cardiovascular function.
- Diabetes Management: Ashwagandha might help regulate blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity, making it potentially useful for people with diabetes.
- Muscle Strength and Recovery: Ashwagandha may enhance muscle strength, endurance, and recovery, making it of interest to athletes and individuals engaging in physical activity.
- Thyroid Function: Ashwagandha may support thyroid function by regulating the production of thyroid hormones.
- Anti-Anxiety Effects: Some studies suggest that ashwagandha's anti-anxiety properties could be beneficial for individuals dealing with various anxiety disorders.
- Sleep Improvement: Ashwagandha's adaptogenic properties may help improve sleep quality and address insomnia by promoting relaxation.
- Neuroprotective Effects: The herb's compounds may offer protection to nerve cells, potentially aiding in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Hormonal Balance: Ashwagandha has been studied for its potential to balance hormones, including those related to stress, reproduction, and thyroid function.
It's important to keep in mind that individual responses to ashwagandha can vary, and its effects might be influenced by factors such as dosage, duration of use, and individual health conditions. Before incorporating ashwagandha into your routine, especially in higher doses or for specific health concerns, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional to ensure it's safe and appropriate for your needs.